In 2000, an Engineering Physics subject was placed under the Department of Literature of GTC (Pyay). When GTC transferred to Pyay Technological University (PTU) in 2006,it was stand-alone as Department of Engineering Physics.From 2000-2001 academic year to 2013-2014 academic year, the two combined physics and chemistry courses were examined as one subject. Since 2013-2014 academic year to til now, the two courses were separately examined as two subjects. All first year courses are being provided both theorical and practical trainings . In 2019-2020 academic year, our department is working on the teaching and internal affairs of the department with four teachers and one upper division clerk.
Quality Objective of Engineering Physics Department
- To attain at least 70% in student’s satisfaction on teaching of teacher’s from Engineering Physics department in 2018-2019 academic year.
- MSc (Physics) in Yangon University, Yangon, Myanmar,1998.
- BSc(Hons) (Physics) in Yangon University, Yangon, Myanmar, 1995.
- Lecturer, Pyay Technological University, Pyay, Myanmar, since December 2019.
- Lecturer, Technological University (Pinlon), Loinlin, Myanmar, December 2018– December 2019.
- Lecturer, Pyay Technological University, Pyay, Myanmar, August 2017 -December 2018.
- Assistant Lecturer, Pyay Technological University, Pyay, Myanmar, January 2014 –August 2017.
- Assistant Lecturer, Technological University (Loikaw), Loikaw, Myanmar, October 2013– January 2014.
- Tutor, Technological University (Loikaw), Loikaw, Myanmar, January 2009– October 2013.
- Demonstrator, Government Technological College, Pyay, Myanmar, March 2000 –December 2008.